Friday, April 17, 2009

Overlapping Sports

I knew it was going to happen it always does at least once a year. Lesley has a volleyball tournament in a small town about an hour and fifteen minutes away. This town is out in the middle of nowhere, on a small dark crooked road, and no cell phone reception. My husband really don't want Lesley and I to travel that road alone in the dark, and neither do I. I worry that if we had a flat tire, there really is no place to pull off to change a tire and then you have no way to call for help. Her volleyball games have been lasting until after 10pm so needless to say it would be late when we leave for home. Then of course Luke's baseball game got changed to the same night due to the fact they are calling for rain on the original day. This is his first ball game of the season. I really hate to miss any of his games but especially his first one. Thank goodness Luke's coach offered to take him to the game so Lesley and I don't have to travel alone, but it still don't help me feel less guilty about missing a game. Then in 2 weeks we will have a similar situation, with Lesley in one town, Luke in another, and a wedding shower in another and a 50th wedding anniversary in another. I feel guilty about blowing family off to go to ball games but then again the kids have committed to these teams and they depend on them being there. At least on this particular weekend Robert can go with Luke and I can go with Lesley and I don't feel as bad about that. The kids say that they understand we can't both be in both places. I just hope the other family members will be just as understanding as our children. I guess I will make an apologising phone call to each of the family members and send a gift and hope they will be forgiving. That is the best I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment